Answers to ACHC Trivia Challenge Week 9: Education
A written education plan is developed and implemented that defines the content, frequency of evaluations, and amount of ongoing in-service training for each classification of personnel. (ACHC Standard HSP 4-6A.01)
- Direct care staff must have a minimum of ____hours of ongoing education during each 12-month period.
Answer: 12; ACHC Standard: The hospice has an ongoing education plan that annually addresses, but is not limited to: How to handle complaints/grievances, Infection control training, Cultural diversity, Communication barriers. Ethics training, Workplace (OSHA), patient safety, Methods for coping with work related issues of grief, loss and change, Patient Right and Responsibilities, Compliance Program, Pain and symptom management. There is written documentation confirming attendance at ongoing education programs.
- Non-direct care staff must have a minimum of ____ hours of ongoing education per year.
Answer: 8; The same educational topics are required, minus the clinical or discipline-specific topics such as pain management.
- The hospice must provide education annually related to all of the following topics except:
Answer: Technology and the Electronic Medical Record
- Annual education that addresses methods for coping with work related ____________ is also required.
- ___________ must receive an additional 12 hours of in-service training during each 12-month period according to the Conditions of Participation.
Answer: Hospice Aides; In addition to the requirements listed above, Hospice Aides must receive at least 12 hours of in-service training during each 12-month period. Hospice of the Piedmont currently provides these trainings via monthly educational newsletters and the topics are specific to Hospice Aide services.
Look for next week’s Challenge: The Top Ten!