This week, Hospice World’s Road Trip Across the USA is making a pit stop in the beautiful city of Charleston, SC.
Fun Facts About The City:
- While visiting Charleston, be sure to include a stroll down Rainbow Row on your itinerary, an iconic Charleston landmark. Rainbow Row is a line of pastel-colored houses lines with palm trees, a tourist favorite.
- Charleston is home to Fort Sumter, the location of the first battle of the American Civil War.
- Charleston’s first baseball team, established in 1886, was the Sea Gulls. They are now called the Charleston RiverDogs. Part owner and “Director of Fun” is actor and Charleston local Bill Murray.
- Hungry in Charleston? Check out one of the popular tourist favorites. Husk is centrally located in historic downtown. The chefs at Husk are transforming the essence of southern food, exploring an ingredient-driven cuisine that is redefining what it means to cook and eat in the south.
Congratulations to the Road Trip Trivia winner for this location: CRAIG WALKER
- On average, how many people visit Charleston annually? 7.4 million
- In what year was Charleston founded? 1670
- According to the City of Charleston, what was the population estimate for the city in 2020? 156,536
- The nation’s oldest landscaped gardens are located at which Charleston Plantation? Middleton Place