This week, Hospice World’s Road Trip Across the USA is making a pit stop in the beautiful city of San Antonio, TX!
Fun Facts About The City:
- San Antonio has the largest Mexican market outside of Mexico. The shopping district is called El Mercado. An outdoor plaza covering three blocks is filled with a combination of 100 restaurants, shops, handicrafts and fresh produce stands. This shopping district also hosts numerous Hispanic festivals. Go to www.marketsquaresa.com for additional information.
- If there is one thing San Antonio is known for, it is the Alamo. It was once a Franciscan mission. It is here that 189 Texans fought and lost their lives in 1836 during a 13-day siege by Mexican ruler, President Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna. Davy Crockett and James Bowie were two famous defenders of this fight. More interesting information can be found at www.thealamo.org.
- The San Antonio Riverwalk is the #1 attraction in Texas! The River Walk is a public park and is free to visit. Boat rides, attractions, and a myriad of other activities are located at the park. The Riverwalk has winding pathways and bridges flanking the river and it is easily accessible downtown. More information can be found at www.thesanantonioriverwalk.com.
- Puffy Tacos are San Antonio’s most famous dish! There are many places to get these tacos, but one of the most popular is the Alamo Café.
Congratulations to the Road Trip Trivia Winner for San Antonio: Lisa Huffman
- San Antonio is the 17th visited city in the nation.
- How many people visit San Antonio each year? 2.5 million
- Which place is not located in San Antonio? Fiesta of the Mercado
- San Antonio is the 7th largest city in the US.