Living and coping with chronic or advanced illness can be difficult and overwhelming for both the patient and their family. In many cases, patients with chronic or advanced illness receive medical care from many different medical providers. Coordinating all the necessary healthcare resources can be complicated and confusing for the patient and their family. Care Connection can help you and your family understand your health care options better, and manage your healthcare condition more effectively.
Working directly with you, your family and the other medical providers involved in your care, our physician-led Care Connection team can help you achieve a better quality of life. Care Connection can help connect you and your family to the care you need, on the terms you choose.
Benefits of Care Connection:
- Assists you and your family in establishing complicated goals of care centered around your wishes and beliefs
- Helps you, your caregivers, and your family understand your healthcare options better
- Connects you with additional healthcare resources that may benefit you and your family
- Assists you with better coordinated transitions from one healthcare setting to another
- Our team can work with you while you’re receiving Home Health servicesCare Connection consultations address:
- Pain and symptom management
- Fatigue, nausea, constipation, shortness of breath, and other symptoms
- Treatment options specific to your individual health condition
- Recurrent hospitalizations
- Family support
- Assistance with advance directives
- Continuity of care and effective communication between and among all your medical providers
Some of our most commonly treated chronic illnesses include:
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Heart Disease/Congestive Heart Failure
- Cancer, particularly Stages 3 and 4
- ALS (Lou Gherig’s Disease)
- Dementia/Alzheimer’s disease
- Kidney Failure/End Stage Renal Disease
Care Connection consultations can be provided in participating hospitals, the patient’s home, skilled nursing, and in assisted or independent living communities. Patients living and coping with cancer can request a referral and appointment with one of our Care Connection physicians through their primary care physician or other healthcare provider.
For more information or to make a referral, call the Care Connection team at 336.889.8446. Consultations are scheduled weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.